The six educational sessions of the course include topics from the five risk areas. As Annie’s Project has been localized to meet the needs of farm and ranch women across the country, topics or emphases may vary.
- Financial Risk – women and money, basic financial documentation, interpreting financial statements, enterprise analysis, USDA programs, and record keeping systems
- Human Resource Risk – communication and management styles, insurance needs, and succession planning
- Legal Risk – estate planning, farmland leasing, and employee management
- Market Risk – access to market information and grain or livestock marketing
- Production Risk – Natural Resources Conservation Service, web soil survey, and crop insurance